Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Stupid to Buy From Babies R Us?

In light of the recent news that Toys R Us is closing all stores in the very near future would it be dumb to buy a new car seat from Babies R Us? I wanted to use the trade in event discount...

I have my eye on a Graco seat, Graco would still back it if anything were to go wrong with it right?
    DS - 11 Riding in an Incognito
    DD - Two Riding in a Graco Extend2Fit and Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Convertible

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member 2BunniesMommy's Avatar

Re: Stupid to Buy From Babies R Us?

Graco is who I would go to if I had a problem with their product whether or not the store I purchased at was in business.

In fact, I have done so on more than one occasion and they have a wonderful customer service team. I have no complaints from any of the times I had to contact them, they tend to go above and beyond.

A friend also had to contact them when she removed a harness from, I think it was a comfort sport, but for sure a seat that it was not supposed to be removed from, and they absolutely went above and beyond when she called for help in getting it back in when she couldn't figure out how. After letting her know she should not have removed it and would not be able to put it back, they sent her out a new seat. They absolutely didn't have to do that.

I've called with problems with a couple seats as well as a pack n play, and they were great every single time.

I would absolutely buy the seat you are interested in without hesitation, especially if you can get a great deal on it with the trade in.