Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Canada Britax Roundabout - how to tether to the floor? - Canada

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a Britax Roundabout for my little one (I will be using it rear facing), and I was wondering if I could get some advice on how to tether it to the floor of my car.

I have a Mazda 3 (2012), and there are attachments for tethers at the top of the seats, but I can't seem to see anything to connect it to the floor. Has anyone done this in the same car? Our car seat model didn't come with a Tether Connector Strap (D-Ring), it just has a clip attached that you can clip directly onto the tether at the top of the seats.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: Britax Roundabout - how to tether to the floor? - Canada

Britax no longer allows rear-facing tethering. Seats that didn't come with a d-ring may only use the tether forward-facing. The anti-rebound bar (ARB) serves that function.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Unregistered

Oh really?

The Britax Roundabout Canadian User Guide that came with our car seat and it doesn't clearly say that!

The only thing I can find is on the flyer for the ARB installation, it says, "The anti-rebound bar can be used as an alternative to the top tether for rear-facing installations". It doesn't say you can't use the top tether at all!

Perhaps there are differences between the US and Canada legislation?

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Actually, this change was made in response to changes in Canada.

In Canada the ARB comes with all the seats (it is an optional accessory in the US) and must be used to meet the rebound standard. Originally the tethering was required but when it was found that many vehicles were then incompatible, Britax started supplying the ARB as standard and discontinued rear-facing tethering instead.

Here is an article from when the change was made: https://carseatblog.com/32084/britax...ible-carseats/
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!