Question Britax Roundabout - how to tether to the floor? - Canada

wilarch12

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a Britax Roundabout for my little one (I will be using it rear facing), and I was wondering if I could get some advice on how to tether it to the floor of my car.

I have a Mazda 3 (2012), and there are attachments for tethers at the top of the seats, but I can't seem to see anything to connect it to the floor. Has anyone done this in the same car? Our car seat model didn't come with a Tether Connector Strap (D-Ring), it just has a clip attached that you can clip directly onto the tether at the top of the seats.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thank you!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Britax no longer allows rear-facing tethering. Seats that didn't come with a d-ring may only use the tether forward-facing. The anti-rebound bar (ARB) serves that function.

U

Unregistered

Oh really?

The Britax Roundabout Canadian User Guide that came with our car seat and it doesn't clearly say that!

The only thing I can find is on the flyer for the ARB installation, it says, "The anti-rebound bar can be used as an alternative to the top tether for rear-facing installations". It doesn't say you can't use the top tether at all!

Perhaps there are differences between the US and Canada legislation?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Actually, this change was made in response to changes in Canada.

In Canada the ARB comes with all the seats (it is an optional accessory in the US) and must be used to meet the rebound standard. Originally the tethering was required but when it was found that many vehicles were then incompatible, Britax started supplying the ARB as standard and discontinued rear-facing tethering instead.

Here is an article from when the change was made: https://carseatblog.com/32084/britax-phasing-out-rear-facing-tethers-on-convertible-carseats/

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC