3 across 2006 Odyssey

U

Unregistered

I am needing to get 3 across the 3rd row of a 2006 Honda Odyssey.The kids that will be riding in it the most are as follows:

7.5 year old 51 lbs approx 43"
5.5 year old 63 lbs approx 42"
3.5 year old 31 lbs approx 34"
6 month old 19 lbs

The seats I have to work with currently are:

Graco Highback Booster (I think its called Affix- it has lower anchors)
2 Graco Nautilus
Diono Pacifica
Graco Snugride
2 Harmony no back boosters

I would like to have the three older ones in back all harnessed forward facing. Due to back problems I don't want to rear face in the 3rd row. The 3.5 year old was just turned forward facing. A few times a week there will be another 3 year old riding with me and than this fall a newborn. The other three year old is about the same size as my 3 year old. I am wiling to purchase new seats but am running into the problem of finding a narrow harnessed seat that harnesses over 65 lbs. The new Diono seats are only labeled for 65 lbs now when they use to be 85 lbs. I was think of purchasing 2 Britax Pioneers for the outside seats of the 3rd row and putting my Diono Pacifica in the middle. Then putting 6 month old in snugride drivers 2nd row. When I have the other 3 year old I was planing on putting her in one of the pioneers since they have the no rethread harness I can just adjust it to her and put the 7.5 year old in a booster in 2nd row next to the baby.

My concern is if the two pioneers would fit in the 3rd row with the Diono seat. I am not against purchasing 2 more Dionos but the 5.5 year old is almost at its limit and he is not mature enough to be in a booster.

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

I don't really have an answer for you, but I just wanted to confirm that you listed the heights of your oldest 2 children correctly. Should they be 53" and 52"? I think putting the Pacifica in the center might be a good place to start, but I don't know your chances of fitting Nautilus or Pioneers back there. I wouldn't buy more Dionos either.

U

Unregistered

Yes. Thanks for catching that. Was typing on my phone and must have hit the wrong button. What about a Britax Frontier, Diono Pacifica and a narrow booster like the bubble bum.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
You aren't going to fit 3 across with seats as wide as the Frontier or Nautilus in the mix, unfortunately. And fyi, I found the Diono seats nearly impossible to properly install in the rear center, to the point I'd call it incompatible. (With some yelling I did get it in outboard.) (I had an 05, same body style.)

Perhaps the Pacifica (to be later replaced with a narrow HBB), a Maestro for the 3.5 year old, and a narrow booster like the Bubblebum? Once the 5 year old is a bit larger you can switch to a booster (maybe the Peg Perego Flex 120, not sure on its dimensions.)

tanusscott22

I think you could fit a bubble bum backless booster in the middle, between any other two seats that you have. I have a 2008 Ody, and we have a bubble bum between two FR85's! It's tight for my 8 year old to get buckled in the bubble bum, but it works.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC