Kiddy Cruiser 3

I have a Kiddy Cruiser 3 for my 5 year old that I love. Not nearly as happy with the couple of Evenflo Spectrums (the seatbelt sometimes gets stuck in the belt guide, they are wobble, and no latch, but they are inexpensive and tall, so good second seats). I'd planned to buy a second Cruiser as the primary seat for my younger daughter when she turns five at the end of the year, but I saw Kiddy is no longer selling the seats in the US???

Does anyone know why, or if they will return?

Assuming they don't return, what would be best recommended latchable booster(s) for >98% height and >75+% weight girl in 2016 Honda Pilot?

Thanks for all the great advice on here always!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
They probably pulled out due to low profits.

There isn't really another seat that's comparable. Since your daughter is very tall, and you've had issues with the Spectrum, you might try the Safety 1st Store N Go/Boost Air/Cosco Pronto though they need vehicle support and don't have LATCH; or the Peg Perego Flex 120.

Other options though not as tall might be the Britax Parkway SG-L or the Diono Monterey.

Thanks for the suggestions. Those sound like reasonable options, although l will keep hoping the Kiddy returns (the Peg sounds the most similar).

Thanks for the help, as always!

zeo2ski

Yikes I didn't know they stopped selling in US! Boy does that ruin my plans. Can I buy one in US right now anywhere? Just took a quick look at the store I had a coupon for (and bought a 3 from them just a couple months ago!) but they are all "sold out online."

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I found one online seller when googling but it's no one I've ever heard of so I'd be wary. And yeah, I was thinking of buying one and literally from one week to the next they vanished. :(

zeo2ski

Yeah the amazon seller has really bad ratings. I cannot believe this, serves me right for trying to wait it out hoping to save the $$, now it's in the hands of kids' growth and DH welding headrests in...too bad he just switched jobs and it's not going to happen for ???? who knows how long.

brooksfamily

This sucks. This is what I was going to get...just hadn't pulled the trigger yet, since my daughter just turned 5. I was going to start booster training her until spring/summer.

I reached out to Kiddy USA. They didn’t address whether the Cruiser 3 might be coming back to the US, but they told me that some of their sales reps were selling off samples (new, unused) on eBay. The email contact at Kiddy USA gave me a link to an auction item, and I purchased one. I waited until the seat arrived and I checked it out before posting here: it’s definitely brand new condition.

I’m going to try to get at least one more.

For those of you that were hoping to get your hands on one still, the seat was $180, which was actually a great deal from what I paid originally. Here’s a link to the original auction for the seat I purchased. I don’tknow how many seats this seller has left, but apparent has had a few Cruiser 3 eBay auctions. He is not the person who responded to me from KiddyUSA directly, and actually didn’t email me back from eBay, but the seat arrived as promised, in perfect shape.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/daviwilkerso-15?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

zeo2ski

I reached out to Kiddy USA. They didn’t address whether the Cruiser 3 might be coming back to the US, but they told me that some of their sales reps were selling off samples (new, unused) on eBay. The email contact at Kiddy USA gave me a link to an auction item, and I purchased one. I waited until the seat arrived and I checked it out before posting here: it’s definitely brand new condition.

I’m going to try to get at least one more.

For those of you that were hoping to get your hands on one still, the seat was $180, which was actually a great deal from what I paid originally. Here’s a link to the original auction for the seat I purchased. I don’tknow how many seats this seller has left, but apparent has had a few Cruiser 3 eBay auctions. He is not the person who responded to me from KiddyUSA directly, and actually didn’t email me back from eBay, but the seat arrived as promised, in perfect shape.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/daviwilkerso-15?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
He appears to have zero items for sale. 100% feedback but only three sales.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC