2018 Volkswagen Atlas 3-Across

NYAVGUY

I am considering purchasing the Volkswagen Atlas and having 3-across and 2 seats/1-adult fit is a requirement for me.
See their advertising here (takes a couple seconds to load).
Then take a look at the seatbelt buckle layout here
In order to use the middle position with a car seat installed with seatbelt and also use the 2nd row drivers side for adult, booster, or car seat with seat belt, the base of the center car seat needs to be 13" or less. The only one I could find is the Clek models. I am not sure what is shown in the photo and if the marketing team who did that video had all those seats properly installed.
Any thoughts from the experts or people with this vehicle already?

I have a 6-year old in a Britax Frontier Clicktight still harnessed (plan to leave him that way until he reaches height or weight limit) and I have a 3 1/2 year old in a Britax Boulevard Clicktight (also have a Chicco Nextfit Zip for him, but that base is too wide). I will need to transition him to a harnessed booster when he reaches height limit of those two seats.

ADS

albertaBritt

This was an issue that I hadn't even considered, so thanks for bringing it up. I found one comment complaining of this issue, but just found this thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8724185-How-do-car-seats-fit that seems to suggest that they didn't have trouble. i am also considering an atlas purchase, with similar seats (boulevard is a g4 not CT) and an added parkway booster, and i definitely need to 3 across and am over weight for latch install on the frontier. let me know if you so a test install, i would love to see how it goes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC