harnessed booster help

Angie

I've narrowed it down to the:

Chicco MyFit (I reallllly wish the harness max would have went to more than 65lbs...I feel like they missed the mark on this one). I LOVE Chicco. So easy to use. My daughter felt it was the most comfortable...probably because it looks a little wider like it has "breathing room". Love the harness height.

Graco Nautilus 80 Elite. My daughter loved all the places to stash junk. Love that it goes to 80lbs. I read it can be hard to tighten the harness though.

Britax Pioneer 70. I only like the Britax. I don't personally love them, I feel like the fabric is just weird and have heard that installs on Britax can be tough (not sure if that's seat to seat). But I also hate that I feel like it's more expensive just because it says Britax.

I can't decide! I'm so torn. I've never had such a hard time picking a car seat in my life. I picked her infant seat and convertible seat without any problems at all...like literally just picked one. I think because she has extenuating circumstances with her weight I just don't want to get myself in a pickle and have her outweigh the harness before she's ready.

Last week she was 45lbs. This week she is 49lbs. She will loose some of that again this coming week. She's on steroids so she fluctuates like this every month.
She's 42.5" tall.

HELP! LOL If the Chicco harnessed to 70 or 80 I'd pick it without hesitation. I can't decide what is realistic for her weight needs. Some moms I know with their child in the same health situation haven't had a problem with a 65lb harness weight...and part of me just wants to buy the Chicco and risk it. But I also don't want to be buying another harnessed seat.

And I have a 2017 Nissan Rogue.

Last edited:
ADS

flutie128

I personally really like the MyFit and if it was out when my ODD needed I seat I would've purchased it instead of a Frontier. I don't believe most kids make it to 80 pounds in a Nautilus but I could be wrong. The last time I purchased a Nautilus it only harnessed to 65 pounds. You didn't say old your daughter is which could be the deciding factor on seats. I personally really loved the Frontier with click tight install. My DH could instead the in seconds and it would be tight every time. He does not do as well with other seats. If you are worried about long lasting harnesses you should consider the Frontier since it harnesses to 90 pounds.

MaKoskiof4

The Britax pioneer can be ridiculously hard to get installed tightly in some vehicles. The Britax Frontier is super simple. We own a few. If you don't want to spring for the frontier then I would go with the My Fit. That being said I have a few special needs kids and my oldest still rides in a frontier but she would have outweighed the 65 lb the limit. My seven-year-old who needs to be harnessed and is in a frontier is 63 lb and she's a little light for her height.

Angie

I personally really like the MyFit and if it was out when my ODD needed I seat I would've purchased it instead of a Frontier. I don't believe most kids make it to 80 pounds in a Nautilus but I could be wrong. The last time I purchased a Nautilus it only harnessed to 65 pounds. You didn't say old your daughter is which could be the deciding factor on seats. I personally really loved the Frontier with click tight install. My DH could instead the in seconds and it would be tight every time. He does not do as well with other seats. If you are worried about long lasting harnesses you should consider the Frontier since it harnesses to 90 pounds.

She's 4.5, 5 in June. I'm not even sure what age most kids are ready for the belt positioning high back booster anyways, so maybe I'm overthinking it. If the Pioneer is out because it won't install right or easily, then I think I'd opt for the MyFit simply for the 2 extra inches of height with the harness. If I go with what my friend is saying about weight gain in this part of my daughter's treatment, then I shouldn't worry about the 65lb thing and instead focus on the fact that she's tall for her age and go with the one that harnesses a taller kid. The negative reviews about the Pioneer install worries me.

flutie128

She's 4.5, 5 in June. I'm not even sure what age most kids are ready for the belt positioning high back booster anyways, so maybe I'm overthinking it. If the Pioneer is out because it won't install right or easily, then I think I'd opt for the MyFit simply for the 2 extra inches of height with the harness. If I go with what my friend is saying about weight gain in this part of my daughter's treatment, then I shouldn't worry about the 65lb thing and instead focus on the fact that she's tall for her age and go with the one that harnesses a taller kid. The negative reviews about the Pioneer install worries me.

I believe most kids are ready between 6 and 7 though you can harness longer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC