Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Struggle moving from harness to booster in frontier

My son is 52Ē. Heís been in harness mode, but after moving his seat the last time, the tightening strap seems very hard to pull and tighten. Like itís stuck in the back. The height is all the way at the top. So we decided to try booster mode. But he canít do any parbof it by himself. He canít reach it to pull it down around the side wings, canít pull the giant length of belt out to get it past the wings and down to the buckle, canít reach the buckle past the armrest and side and canít route it after it pops out. Itís so frustrating. He could do all the harness buckles and even initial tightening before I checked from my seat. Now I have to do all of it from his door. Is this typical? Iím not ready for 3 more years of this, lol! He has a backless, but I like the extra protection of the frontier.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Struggle moving from harness to booster in frontier

How old and heavy is he?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 100.6#, seatbelt
    laine 9/16/09, 50", 70#, Nuna Aaces
    in a 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser and my 2017 Volvo XC90

Re: Struggle moving from harness to booster in frontier

Had this problem today when I tried to install a Frontier the headrest behind it was pinching it so that we were unable to loosen or tighten the harness did you try uninstalling and reinstalling