Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

2013 Subaru Outback

Hi, I am searching for the best carseat for my Outback. I will need a RF-FF convertible seat for behind the driver (son will be 2 in May) and an infant for behind the passenger. Or vice versa I guess.. My issue is my husband is 6'5" and I really need for him to be able to fit in 1 or both seats. Any recommendations? Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: 2013 Subaru Outback

Hi there.

What seats do you have now? How tall and heavy is your son? What's your budget for the new seats?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 100.6#, seatbelt
    laine 9/16/09, 50", 70#, Nuna Aaces
    in a 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser and my 2017 Volvo XC90

Unregistered

I hav4 a Graco contender and I hate it. Chicco infant seat wgich is fine. My son will be 2 in May, he is a big boy. 30 lb, I'm not sure how tall but tall.for his age, maybe 34 inches? I just rrally want something that will still allow the drivers seat to go back all the way, my husband usually drived. Thanks!

Unregistered

Cheaper is always better but fit is more important.

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

The Graco Extend2Fit and Safety 1st Grow and Go EX Air are compact and are great for tall kids.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 100.6#, seatbelt
    laine 9/16/09, 50", 70#, Nuna Aaces
    in a 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser and my 2017 Volvo XC90