Question I got T-Boned today.

MaKoskiof4

It's been a long time since I've been here....
I got T-boned in my 2011 Dodge Durango today. I need to replace 4 car seats and a no-back booster. My 2 year old is 37 in 28 lb rear facing and a radian RXT. My 4 year old(autism) is 47 in 52 lb rear facing in an Axkid minikid. My seven-year-old(autism) is 50 in and 60 lb forward facing harnessed in a Frontier clicktight. My 10 year old(ADHD,DD) is 52 inches 68 pounds forward facing harnessed in a frontier clicktight. We have a topside nbb we keep in the back for friends to use. Money really isn't an issue since the other guy was at fault and his insurance will be dealing with this. And we didn't have inexpensive seats to start with.

We have 2 Extend2Fit...in other vehicles I don't need another.

ADS

zeo2ski

I'm sorry to hear about the crash! Were the kids in the car? Everybody okay?

Are you planning to replace with the same seats you had, or do you need advice about what new to get?

MaKoskiof4

My 2 year old and 7 year old were in the car. I have some neck pain and back pain. I was thinking of getting 2 Frontier clicktight again but for the 4 and 7. I wanted options for the oldest and youngest. I have to get a flat backed seat for my youngest I can the bucket shaped see like extend2fit.

lgenne

So glad everyone is mostly ok!

Does the 10 year old need to stay harnessed?

Can you clarify what kind of car seat you (don’t) want for your youngest? I think there was an autocorrect issue.

MaKoskiof4

Oops Yeah autocorrect issues. My ten-year-old could move to a high-back booster as long as it's more confining and supportive. She is 6 percentile for height and fairly skinny. She will be 11 tomorrow and will be in it for a while height-wise. My youngest can't have a convertible with a bucket Style seat she needs a straight back like a Radian, not a swooped back like an extend2fit. She doesn't do well with her head pushed forward.

MaKoskiof4

I added up how much it would cost to replace what I had before so I'm looking at a budget of about $1300 for five seats ( one of them being an inexpensive nbb)

zeo2ski

Who is the backless booster for?

So for 2, 4, 7, and 10 yo sounds like:
2-Radian (I'd skip the XT head wings as they push forward)
4-Frontier
7-Frontier
10-HBB I'm thinking the Britax might be a good fit.

Those should be well within budget.

MaKoskiof4

We keep the nbb in the back hatch area for friends to use when they ride with us. She was riding in an rxt, we have an R120 in a different vehicle for her. Is there anything new that has come out with a higher height limit but it's still sort of similar to a Radian? Haven't had to buy any new seats for a while. Not sure if I missed something magical that came out recently. My older kids a rear face till five or six. Another radian would only get us to about 4 years old. My current 4 year old is the size of a 6 year old, one of the reasons we had to import a minikid.

zeo2ski

Oh one of those families, eh?

Diono has some different models that have slight differences but aren't any taller. If you want high height AND weight, sorry to say but the Extend 2 Fit is it. I currently keep my guys in a RN XT until they hit the limit, then move to the EX2F. That got another year RF for my now 5 yo who hit 50 just after turning 5, before that seat came out Radian was top for weight and height combined. The Foonf/Flo has the weight but not height, several have height now but not weight. Not much choice if you need both, that's a tough spot if she can't handle the head rest on the only choice!

Could you keep her in a Radian of some sort for a year or two til she maxes it out and then try one of your EX2Fs and see if she has outgrown the head pushing issue by then?

zeo2ski

Are you in the US? If so, I'd try to stick with legal US seats--you have at least a couple years left in the Radian, and by then who knows how many more options will be available here, plus by then she may tolerate the E2F which we KNOW is an available option.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC