Youngest child needs a new harness to booster seat...

smileyblue4

I have an 8 1/2 and 6 1/2 year old in HBBs (Graco Affix) and a nearly 4 year old harnessed in our Recaro ProSport (which I have LOVED). She turns 4 in mid March. The Prosport expires in January 2019. She is small for her age and I imagine I'll want her harnessed till she's 6 at least because I doubt she'll be 40 pounds before then. So, I'll need a harnessed seat for her for a couple of years, but then I'll just need a HBB for her. I drive a 2013 Ody, and I was considering the Britax Pioneer for her - there's a great deal on it on Amazon today! - but I'm wondering if that's the right move. I read it's a pain to install with the seatbelt. My price range is $150-$200, so the Frontier Clicktight is not really a good option for us. I want something that will be a good, long term HBB for her to use, it that's possible to get from a combination seat. I saw that Chicco is releasing their new harness to booster seat right now. Should I wait and get that one on a good Black Friday deal next November? Does anyone know how that one is as a booster? What other seats should I consider? What would you do to bridge a 2 year gap until booster age?

ADS

flutie128

Personally I would buy a dedicated booster when the times comes. The combination seats tend to be hard to buckle and the Pioneer/Frontier tend to only fit well as booster once the harness is outgrown height wise. I really like the look of the Chicco MyFit and will definitely consider it when I need a combination seat.

flutie128

I would probably get either the Pioneer or Frontier or the MyFit but I would plan on buying a booster when she was ready for a booster. I had a Frontier for my older daughter and loved it and the clicktight feature. I love the idea of the MyFit though I haven't played with it yet and I have no idea what my little daughter will need in a few years. The MyFit only harnesses to 65 pounds so depending on how much my little weighs it might not be an option for me.

2BunniesMommy

You have just under a year until her current seat expires and it sounds like it will easily fit her through that time.

I'd wait until around November and start checking to see what option are out by then, who knows what perfect seat could show up between now and then? Who knows what her growth will be like between now and then? If there isn't a new seat by then, you can at least research by her size at that time and have a better idea of what seat will be a great option and have time to check for any Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals on what you choose. No need to buy a seat or even really give it much thought at this point. I know, easier said than done, I'm a planner, I understand. :)

smileyblue4

I haven't had a good reason to buy a new car seat in so long, so I am a little excited. I'm having a hard time waiting until the appropriate time to shop! The Pioneer is $160.99 on Amazon now, and I was wondering if it's because they're going to discontinue the current patterns and come out with new ones soon? My daughter loves blue, so that is one reason I was interested in maybe buying it now (too early) because I don't want the Oasis blue one to be gone by November when I really should be waiting until then to buy something...

2BunniesMommy

I understand that completely lol. I bought many seats because I found some reason I "needed" them when I really didn't. Changed up the seats my kids were in many more times than I really needed to, just because I liked each new one that I learned about.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC