Only 1 more pound!

RJB78

CPST Instructor
Some of you may recall that I was recently upset with my dh about ERF (I wanted to keep going, he didn't).

Well, she had her two year check up today and instead of 29 lbs, like I guessed, she was 31 lbs, 12 oz! And instead of 35", she was 36". No wonder her rfing EB was getting squished! I didn't realize she was so big!

I had to move her to the rfing Radian a few weeks ago to give her more head room, but that means that she only has about 1 pound left to rf. I wasn't expecting that so soon! I thought we'd at least make it to 2 1/2.

ADS

djma

Was she only in a diaper/pull up when weighed at the doctor? I know for well checks at my pediatrician's office, they have to be almost nude. Just keep in mind that the rearfacing limit is with clothes, shoes, and a full belly.

RJB78

CPST Instructor
She was fully clothed (with panties - she's potty trained :)). Starting at 2, they weigh them with clothes on (sans shoes).

Ali

My DD just turned FF last weekend. She was 32lbs with sweatpants and a t-shirt. She's also potty trained. She HATES FF. Every time we go out to the car, she says her seat is "backwards", she says her feet hurt, she drops her toys more often, etc.

I don't understand why people want their children FF. I hope your DD gains weight very slowly! :p

djma

She was fully clothed (with panties - she's potty trained :)). Starting at 2, they weigh them with clothes on (sans shoes).

Wow, my pediatrician's office even made my 4year old get down to his underwear to do his well check! :rolleyes: They put a lovely paper gown over him since we had to walk down the hall to the scale!

ETA - I'm glad she's got some more time to rf! I dread the day I have to turn my DS2.

southpawboston

i honestly don't know why so many of you "dread" the day you have to turn your kiddos around, be they 3 or even 4 years old. it's not like they suddenly become unsafe...

i don't plan on switching DD2 before 3 years if she doesn't exceed max weight before then, but i'm still looking forward to that day because it will mean a new level of interaction between her and us in the front row, and i know that she will still be "safe" and properly harnessed. i just don't get all this "dread" stuff.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I dreaded it mostly because it meant Leila became an obnoxious backseat driver throwing her stuffed doll at me accidentally (or snack not so accidentally) :rolleyes::p

Although I did keep her RF until the maximum size limits after her 4th birthday ... I would feel much better about turning a child FF (preferably after 2 years, hopefully 3, but at least 1 year) if they've already reached the max size limit, especially if the seat is tethered FF -- meaning, it's more dangerous to keep a child RF past the limits than to turn them FF at 1 or 2 or 3 years old :twocents:

Mama!

I dread it b/c I've seen the Crash Test videos of what happens to a kid's body. I would much rather have my kids RF if possible. And I'll milk that seat to the last half lb before I turn him!:love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC