7 children injured in minivan vs semi truck

ADS

Splash

They say it's too early to determine who was exactly at fault and who may be given a citation.
Uh... everyone?

I'm surprised... VERY surprised... that they're only injured and not dead. Oh, and that's not a minivan. It's a Pontiac Aztek. It only seats five. And rated only marginal for side impacts, but looks like it held up pretty well to THAT impact. Sigh... I miss my Aztek with its properly installed seats and marginal side impact ratings...

Mama!

I'm convinced that it takes a special brand of idiot to hold a child on your lap in a moving vehicle. :mad:

chasingboys

I just can't even believe the things I see carseat related. Today I saw an infant seat in the front seat of a passenger van, NO seat belt, nothing....sitting sideways in the seat. I was in SHOCK.

MaryAnn

Wow, that pretty much sums it up:eek:. You don't have to be a tech, visit this site or know about ERFing to know that you have to keep your children properly restrained in a moving vehicle. That's common sense 101.

crunchierthanthou

Wow, that pretty much sums it up:eek:. You don't have to be a tech, visit this site or know about ERFing to know that you have to keep your children properly restrained in a moving vehicle. That's common sense 101.

Yeah, well, you'd think the same would apply for not putting 9 people in a 5 seater. That's not too far from where I live. Unfortunately, common sense is in short supply out here. :(

edit: here's another link with video. some of the kids were in carseats, and the mom will be cited for not having them properly restrained
http://www.myfoxutah.com/myfox/page...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

MsFacetious

It'll be amazing if they even actually cite them. They won't be charged with anything except maybe improper restraint. And, they will probably not even cite them since they are seriously injured. Usually the attitude is "they've suffered enough."

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC