Booster Recommendation 7 yr old

U

Unregistered

My 7 yr old (8 in a few months) is 50lbs and 47 or 48 inches. She's currently in a Britax Marathon which I just realized expires next week. Could anyone recommend a booster for her? Space isn't an issue as she'll be seated on a captain's chair in a Dodge Grand Caravan. Would ideally prefer something that could convert to backless in future or for ease on rare occasions she'll be in another vehicle, but safety is top concern. She'll be disappointed she won't be using big sis's Pink Monteray that we've kept for her but apparently it's expired after 6 years (though only used for a few, I'm assuming still no good). So a pink option would be a great bonus.
We're in Canada and plan to use it for awhile though she'd legally be okay without soon. No younger sibs to pass it to so that's not a factor.
Was looking forward to no harness so she could wear her winter coat in the car, but willing to harness if it's still an option.

Thanks in advance!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi there.

Winter coats are not safe for anyone to use in the car. Whether harness, booster, or seatbelt alone. They all get in the way of our restraints.

I'd look at the Evenflo Big Kid, Cosco Pronto, Graco Turbobooster, Diono Cambria, Graco Affix, a new Diono Monterey, Britax Parkway, Peg Perego HBB 120 or Flex 120, and the Nuna Aace.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

Thanks for the info on the coats! I thought that was just for harnessed kids. Good to know!
We researched and settled on the Cambria but it seems like it's discontinued in Canada. (?)
Thanks for the recommendations, we'll have to head out again and try out those out! We tried a few but they seemed very shallow and didn't support her legs. She's actually only 46 inches I'm surprised this is an issue already!

dogmelissa

I know this an old thread, but I wanted to add my personal recommendation for the Harmony Defender! We put my very tall 7 yr old in it - in harness - until she was too tall for that, also. And it comes in pink!!

Hope you found something that works.
Melissa

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC