Britax Parkway in a Dodge Caravan issue.

radroxx

Help please! Is there a known issue with the Britax Parkway in the middle row captain seats of a (2012)Dodge Caravan? I just transitioned my 8 year old into this HBB. I’m not very familiar with HBB’s so I may just be overly cautious.
I have two questions/concerns.

-I feel like the booster back is not laying flat against the vehicle seat because of the vehicle headrest being so forward. It cannot be adjusted. It doesn’t seem like it can be removed either.
-It’s a little difficult to pull out the retractable cupholders. Even without my son sitting in the booster. The vehicle captain seats are very angled and the booster seems to lift a little when cupholders are retracted.

These issues seem okay when there’s weight in the booster and my son sits in it. Should I stop worrying?

TIA!

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi. As long as the base of the booster is flat and there's contact at the top at the headrest, it's fine. Sometimes vehicle head restraints can be removed by inserting a paperclip or other small pointy item (technical term ;)) into a small hole in one of the posts. As for the cup holders, they are difficult to use because of the huge angle of the captain's chair. I would leave them out if your son intends to use them.

radroxx

Hi. As long as the base of the booster is flat and there's contact at the top at the headrest, it's fine. Sometimes vehicle head restraints can be removed by inserting a paperclip or other small pointy item (technical term ;)) into a small hole in one of the posts. As for the cup holders, they are difficult to use because of the huge angle of the captain's chair. I would leave them out if your son intends to use them.

Thanks for the reply. The base and back of the booster is flat against the seat when my son sits in the booster. I could get the booster(when not occupied) to be completely flat against the captain seat if it wasn’t for that headrest. I contacted Dodge and was informed that the middle row headrests are not removable.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC