Question Minivan 3rd row

U

Unregistered

What is the best minivan for backless boosters in the 3rd row? They would be for my 10 year old twins in Britax Parkways. In the second row I have a 3 year old and 1.5 year old in Britax Marathon Clicktights.

ADS

lgenne

Are they Parkway SGLs, with LATCH? If you want to latch them both in, the only minivan I’m aware of that has lower anchors that line up with the seat belts in both 3rd row outboard positions is the Honda Odyssey.

If you don’t want to latch them in, avoid the Town & County/Caravan (the belt geometry 3rd row outboard is awful—the shoulder belts would hover inches in front of them if you tried to put them back there) but nearly any other minivan will be fine.

10 years is almost certainly over the weight limit for LATCH, right?

2 big Britax seats have worked quite well in the 3rd row on my Odyssey.

lgenne

For a harnessed seat, almost certainly. OP was asking about latchable boosters, where the lower anchors only have to restrain the booster itself, and the child is restrained by the seat belt. The child’s weight doesn’t factor in there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC