Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Spica Cast seat for 3 yr old

Hello, I am trying to find the safest way possible to transport my 3 yr old while he has his spica cast on. Our hospital was no help, and according to them apparently no one has ever asked how to transport their child home with this type of cast. I called children's hospital la (not our hospital) so they couldn't loan us one, but said they could suggest a EZ-On vest to lay him down with in the back seat, is that correct?

I saw Britax discontinued the HIPPO car seat. I also contact Maxi Cosi about their OPAL HD that they loan out in EU, to see if loan them out in the US.

Any other options or suggestions would be appreciated please.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Spica Cast seat for 3 yr old

The Wallenberg from Merritt Manufacturing is a new seat for hip casted children. It should work for you if you can find one. http://www.merrittcarseat.com/wallenbergcarseat/

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 61", 99#, seatbelt
    laine 9/16/09, 46", 54#, Diono Monterey, Chicco KidFit Zip Air
    in a 2015 BMW M235i, and my 2011 Mercedes E350 wagon