Evenflo SecureKid on American Airlines

U

Unregistered

Hello,

I'm travelling on American Airlines and I'd like to bring my Evenflo SecureKid seat for my 3 year old. Since she has her own seat I'm hoping to bring it into the cabin for her to use during the flight. but I'm not sure how to check if it will fit. It is FAA approved. The seat width for the aircraft is listed as 15.9-17. The seat is 11 inches at the base but 19 inches at the widest point. Anyone have any experience with this? Any thoughts on whether I can bring this car seat aboard our flight?

Thanks,
Stephanie

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Securekid should work well. You'll want a non-bulkhead seat so you can raise the armrest for an easier install. You may want to bring a washcloth to pad the buckle, which will be in the center of the child's back.

U

Unregistered

Thanks so much for the tips!

Any advice how to get the seat to the gate? I've heard mixed reviews on trolleys like the gogobaby trolley. Some people seem to love it and some people hate it...

Stephanie

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC