Question Older vehicle

U

Unregistered

My husband drives and older Buick car that just has a lap belt in the back middle seat. The lapbelt is one of those where it cinches tight. We have an almost 7-year-old and two almost 5-year-olds. Right now we have a britax car seat in the middle with a five point harness, and two high back booster‘s on either side. The smallest of our kids is outgrowing the britax. My idea is to purchase a Diono For the middle seat, but wondering if any of you have any other ideas? The vehicle is a Buick roadmaster, so it is quite large.

ADS

zeo2ski

I wouldn't go with the Diono, you won't get a lot more time out of it height wise compared to the Britax convertible. Can you give us an idea of your smallest child's weight, height, and seated shoulder height? That would help give a better idea of what seats might work for you. If you're looking at having this car long term, I'd look at the Britax Frontier ClickTight because it has the highest harness available currently.

2BunniesMommy

Does your car have a tether anchor for that position? If not, try to find out if one can be added. If you post back with the year, someone should be able to help you find that info.

I agree with the Britax Frontier90 for the height, but only if you can tether it (which I'm hoping you have the current seat tethered) and if there would be enough room with such a big seat to be able to get to the buckles for the boosters.

Also, not knowing the car, is it tall as well as wide? The awesome tallness of the Frontier was not able to be used in my car because it doesn't have enough headroom. If your car does, then yes, it will be great for height. My 9 year old, about 56inches tall and in the 70's or 80's for weight, I can't quite remember...still fits in it. No really comfortably, a bit tight in the shoulders, and it doesn't fit in the car, but she does actually fit and she isn't small.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC