Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wet Car Seat

Unregistered

Wet Car Seat

My daughter vomited in her Britax Marathon Car seat today. I spot cleaned it as the manual says and then asked my husband to wipe down the straps and car seat itself with a damn cloth. I specifically told him not to soak it. I went out to the store and he took it outside and hosed it down. The manual says nothing specifically about the car seat getting wet and I plan to call Britax tomorrow but I was wondering if anyone can offer any insight into this. Is the car seat done? I had already removed the crotch buckle and carefully washed just the canvas portion of the belt without getting the buckle wet so this did not get soaked.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

Re: Wet Car Seat

Britax will be the final say but I would guess they might say to replace the harness but the shell might be ok. But it’s hard to tell what a manufacturer will say until you call.

Did he use anything more than water?

CCO 4/15

Senior Community Member 2BunniesMommy's Avatar

Re: Wet Car Seat

I agree, call Britax.

Since it sounds like it was just water and it wasn't immersed, they might say it is ok. They also might not. I'd think the seat itself is likely to be ok, but I'd want to hear that from Britax before using it to be sure.

I'd also probably want to order a new harness even if they say it is ok, because I doubt the smell can be removed, but other people who are not as sensitive to the smell of vomit might be able to get it usable while cleaning within the acceptable guidelines, I'm not one of those and am very thankful that any car vomiting missed the seats when it happened.

I hope they do say your seat is ok. Please update after you call. Fingers crossed for you.