Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Canada 3 across Honda Civic

I am expecting #3 shortly and looking to fit 3 across in 2 vehicles:

1) Honda Civic 2016
    DD 6yrs 47lbs 48" Diono Cambria booster (FF)
    DS 4yrs 45lbs 43" Diono rXT (FF)
    New baby: bucket seat TBD

2) Toyota Highlander 2012
    DD 6yrs 47lbs 48" Diono Cambria booster (FF)
    DS 4yrs 45lbs 43" Britax Marathon
    New baby: bucket seat TBD

I'm wondering what 3 across options will work the best in the 2 vehicles above with the car seats that I current have or other options.

Note: purchasing different car seats is an option in order to make this work
    - looking to move baby RF when the time comes

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: 3 across Honda Civic

I have a 2015 civic. I think one or more harnessed dionos will be helpful. So far I have done rf evenflo tribute, bubble bum, rf or ff graco extend2fit. I have also done rf evenflo tribute, bubble bum, ff evenflo sureride. I can also fit a rf scenera next in place of the tribute. Some things to note are that the booster rider has the most room when both of the seats on the sides are rf. With either the ff extend2fit or ff sureride I have to put them on the side that is away from the middle shoulder belt otherwise it gets stuck on the carseat. With one booster rider in the middle I often remind her to make sure to unbuckle her buckle and not the buckle holding in the car seat next to her. I check frequently. When both side seats were rf I was able to install the tribute or scenera next with latch on the same side as the middle buckle so this wasn't an issue. Its a tight fit. Middle kiddo doesn't have much room and while she likes her bubble bum she does not like squishing in between 2 carseats, especially now that one is ff. She only rides in the car once a week for a 10 minute ride to soccer. Getting her in, making sure the lap belt is positioned properly and making sure she hasn't unbuckled the extend2fit while trying to unbuckle herself once a week is more than enough. Overall its safe but annoying. If your 4 year old would fit in an extend2fit rf I would get one and use every minute possible and then pass it down to the baby and keep baby rf as long as possible. The extra shoulder room for ff passengers/car seats is sooooo helpful.