Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Booster seat for very petite child

Hi. Hoping for some help. I have a 2016 Ford Escape and my 3 year old son in a Britax Frontier Clicktight in the center. I really need to leave him in this center spot as he is happiest there and I feel he is safest there. I may need to assist with occasional school pick up for a pretty petite girl who will be 6 soon. She is about 34lb and I'm guessing around 42" tall. I know she wears mostly 5 in clothing size.

I am wondering what booster seats (preferably high back) could feet behind passenger seat which is the larger of the 2 sides. I took some quick measurements and it looks as thought I have a good 18" in space. Child is currently not in a booster seat but I know her parent will want to spend as little as possible for a seat to have in my car and the ride is literally less than 5 miles and they are planning to start booster training soon. I know submarining is a concern with kids this light weight so I'm hoping for some inexpensive but safe recommendations. Not 100% ruling out a harnessed seat if you strongly think it's necessary and there is an affordable option.

Thank you! I feel pretty educated about infant and harnessed seats but haven't had to do much research and install with boosters yet since my child is years away from that stage.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Booster seat for very petite child

The Harmony Dreamtime is narrow and starts at 30 pounds and 34 inches, so she'd be good in it. It's not terribly expensive.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 61", 99#, seatbelt
    laine 9/16/09, 46", 54#, Diono Monterey, Chicco KidFit Zip Air
    in a 2015 BMW M235i, and my 2011 Mercedes E350 wagon

CPS Fanatic

Re: Booster seat for very petite child

And if you’d prefer a harnessed seat, the Cosco Finale is just a bit more than the Harmony Dreamtime.