Rear-ended with boosters - need replacement

U

Unregistered

Hello!
My car (Honda Odyssey) was rear-ended yesterday with both my boys in their boosters (Britax Parkways). It was a substantial but not horrible hit (the other driver's airbags deployed and we took most of the damage to the back door & bumper) and we are sore but otherwise OK. I have 2 questions:
1) I know traditional car seats with a harness are deemed unsafe/unusable after a collision and I would think the same applies to high back boosters, but I'm not sure. Could someone advise?
2) If the boosters need to be replaced, would another Parkway be a best option or is there a better option for our situation? We've had the Parkways for about 2 years and our boys are now 8 and 10. The 10yo is 4'4" and 67 lbs, the 8yo is 4'0" and 56 lbs. They don't mind being in the high-back boosters and they can/like to use the crotch buckle even though I don't think it's necessary at this point. The Parkways are fine to use even though I was surprised that they were a bit narrow in the seat (or maybe that was just my perception) and also I'm not a big fan of the cup holders. Should I just get another Parkway or should I look at other boosters for our situation? I can take a bit of time to decide, we have 2 Nautiluses in my husband's car to use if these need to be trashed...
Thank you!

ADS

2BunniesMommy

The boosters do need replaced for sure. There is no reason not to replace with Parkways again, especially since the other driver's insurance should pay for them, but if you want to switch to other boosters that is also an option. Since everyone is happy with the Parkways, I'd probably get new ones.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC