Question carseat expiration

U

Unregistered

we had purchased the Graco - LiteRider Travel System, Winnie the Pooh Peek A Pooh Friends in 2012 when we were pregnant and ended up having an ectopic pregnancy, then in 2013 we had a miscarriage, and then we had another miscarriage in 2015. we are currently pregnant and are passed the safe time for our baby to make it so we are trying to purchase stuff we need but the car seats have an expiration dates on them but didn't see it. I did see dates on the car seat for 2012 but not sure how long that one lasts. I didn't grab the model # off of it but could get it if you need it. Could you tell me the expiration date on that so we know if we are needing to throw this away and purchase new ones. I did keep up with recalls on it for awhile with the straps for a while until we had our 2nd miscarriage then we stopped because it was hard on us cause we figured it was not going to work having kids. thank you Teresa S****** (email is *******@yahoo.com or my phone # is ***-***-****)

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

jjordan

Hello Teresa, I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriages but I am thrilled that you are expecting again! Graco expiration dates go by the manufacture date of the car seat and not the purchase date. I am guessing the date you saw of 2012 was the manufacture year and you have at least 6 years from then before the seat expires, but often those seats expire on the last day of the calendar year after the seat turns 6 years old, so 12/31/2018. You can check again for recalls on this updated list, and here is some more information about expiration.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC