Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Unregistered

Safety for autistic children

I am a newcomer in Canada. I have 2 autistic children, in a family of 5 people.
    Can you advise me about a type of car to buy, in terms of safety. Thanks. David B.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

Re: Safety for autistic children

How old are the children? How much do the weigh? How tall are they? What vehicle do you have?

Lastly, on the autism spectrum is broad- what concerns do you have with your children in the car? Are they impulsive?

CCO 4/15