Question scenera next rf install issue

babyherder

I'm installing a scenera next in my 2015 Honda Civic for an almost 2 year old. Its installed behind the driver with latch. I know it can be more upright for kids that can sit up unassisted so I installed it without a towel or pool noodles. It seems that the car seat doesn't sit on the vehicle seat very well. It tilts up leaving a gap between the car seat and the vehicle seat and looks different than the picture in the manual. Is this ok? Do I need a towel or noodles?

scenera next.jpg

ADS

babyherder

Thanks! I'm not sure I can fit in my car like that but I'll give it a try! I was hoping for a seat that was easy to install so this might not be the one.

Dillipop

As long as it’s tight at the belt path and it’s not too upright for your child, it is likely fine. I believe mine installs like that when I install it upright.

But if you want it further back, try placing the seat on the car seat how you want it and push directly down on the seat while tightening it. I find that the best way to wedge it into the right spot without noodles.

lgenne

I’m having trouble posting photos from my phone, but I have a couple of great ones that look like that. It looks fine to me.

babyherder

I tried installing it again and it is slightly more reclined. When I tighten it, it seems to get super upright unless I do the base flat on the vehicle seat which makes it pretty reclined for a 2 year old. But the install is tight now and I'll see what happens to the recline when I put a kid in it tomorrow.

babyherder

scenera next child in it.jpg

This is the scenera next with a kid in it. More of the car seat base is on the vehicle seat. NessieNess, do you think this looks better? I would feel better if everyone agreed.

MelodyoftheForest

That looks like mine has looked. I have found that it has to be really tight to prevent rotation when my LO climbs in and out of it. Thankfully, my dad seems to have mastered the install of this seat now, so I don't have to tighten it more after he installs it now!

babyherder

Thank you everyone! I think its ok now. If a more experienced tech sees an issue and wants to weight in I will change the install. Otherwise, I followed the directions in the manual and it looks much more like a "normal" carseat install now. After all this I think the kid might actually prefer it more reclined for the extra legroom. She's used to being in an evenflo tribute (expiring) that has to be fully reclined so she's not quite sure what to make of the next.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC