Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Baby with hydrocephalus

Hello,

I am looking for a car seat for my baby. She has hydrocephalus and had a shunt put in on Thanksgiving day. She can't sit up at all due to the fact that to much fluid drains
    to fast. I need a car seat that will lay back some so she can ride to her doctors with out me having to stop 14 times and get her out and lay her flat. Does anyone know of any
    legal car seats that we can get here in the US. Thank you for your feedback.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: Baby with hydrocephalus

I don't have a specific answer, but I know that if you can provide the following information, it'll help the experts answer your question faster:

-How old/heavy/long is your baby?
    -What car(s) are you driving?
    -What seat is she currently in?
    -What's your budget?
    ************************************************** **************************
    THD -8 yo/90lbs/4'5"/Britax Parkway SGL or backless Graco Turbo booster
    QED -6 yo/52lbs/4'/Britax Frontier 90 in booster mode or high-back Graco Turbo

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: Baby with hydrocephalus

Hi! If your baby needs to lie flat you need a car bed. Since you are in the U.S., your insurance should pay for it as durable medical equipment. If this is a long term need the best bet is the Hope car bed. You will need baby's doctor to prescribe it and a DME company to order it. Ideally a special needs trained CPST will help prepare the order as there are multiple options. Can we help you find a special needs tech near you?
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!