Question Nuna Pipa compatibility BMW X1?

Does anyone have experience installing the Nuna Pipa carseat safely into a BMW X1 using the base? After trying for an hour and not getting the base to fit safely, I did a little research online and it looks like several people had the same problems and said only the European seatbelt method with the carseat (no base) worked in the BMW X1.

We prefer installing the carseat in the middle seat with the base, but if that is not possible, we welcome suggestions for any safe method of installing the Pipa into the X1. Unfortunately the store where we purchased our Pipa has gone bankrupt and will not accept returns, so we are really trying to make this work.

I really appreciate all advice :)

ADS
U

Unregistered

I've successfully used my Nuna Pipa infant seat with base in my Mini Cooper Countryman - which from what I know has the same base as the BMWX1. yeah, the passenger is squished, but we don't take my Countryman on the long roadtrips! So yeah - not installing it in the middle - the middle seat is like 1/2 a seat!

Now we have a rear facing Britax Boulevard CT that fits really well in there esp. since my kid was about a year old. it's nice because it can be more upright than an infant seat, which gives more room for the passenger - the only trouble now is getting her in the dang seat because she's almost two and getting longer and there's just little room to get in and out. Now I'm looking for another car -but man, I'm going to miss the Mini!

U

Unregistered

You have to fold inside the recline adjustment, it can’t be out. Once in, the isofit goes in right away. Having said that, the copilot’s seat needs to be fully forward leaving little to none at all space for the passanger.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC