Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Nuna Pipa compatibility BMW X1?

Does anyone have experience installing the Nuna Pipa carseat safely into a BMW X1 using the base? After trying for an hour and not getting the base to fit safely, I did a little research online and it looks like several people had the same problems and said only the European seatbelt method with the carseat (no base) worked in the BMW X1.

We prefer installing the carseat in the middle seat with the base, but if that is not possible, we welcome suggestions for any safe method of installing the Pipa into the X1. Unfortunately the store where we purchased our Pipa has gone bankrupt and will not accept returns, so we are really trying to make this work.

I really appreciate all advice

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Unregistered

Re: Nuna Pipa compatibility BMW X1?

I've successfully used my Nuna Pipa infant seat with base in my Mini Cooper Countryman - which from what I know has the same base as the BMWX1. yeah, the passenger is squished, but we don't take my Countryman on the long roadtrips! So yeah - not installing it in the middle - the middle seat is like 1/2 a seat!

Now we have a rear facing Britax Boulevard CT that fits really well in there esp. since my kid was about a year old. it's nice because it can be more upright than an infant seat, which gives more room for the passenger - the only trouble now is getting her in the dang seat because she's almost two and getting longer and there's just little room to get in and out. Now I'm looking for another car -but man, I'm going to miss the Mini!

Unregistered

Re: Nuna Pipa compatibility BMW X1?

You have to fold inside the recline adjustment, it can’t be out. Once in, the isofit goes in right away. Having said that, the copilot’s seat needs to be fully forward leaving little to none at all space for the passanger.