Car seat & booster for lyft or uber rides

raatapapa

Hello, our new nanny doesn't drive and we are trying to see if she could take our 41 pound 4 year old to preschool using a lyft or an uber (I don't have his height info) . Any suggestions for an easy booster to get in and out of unknown vehicles?

She may have to bring our 30 pound, 31" tall, 2 year old daughter along for the ride. Suggestions for a seat for her for the same conditions would be really helpful too.

Thanks in advance!
Oliver

ADS

Dillipop

I would probably look into a ride safer travel vest for the 4 year old. Easy to use, compact, and at 4, I would want my own kid in something more restrictive than a belt positioning booster.

As for the smaller child, I would look at the Cosco Scenera Next. Inexpensive, easy to use, and lightweight.

cookie123

Is the 2 year old rear facing? If she isn't, I'd look at the Cosco Finale rather than the Next. It's lightweight and inexpensive as well as long lasting.

Dillipop

Is the 2 year old rear facing? If she isn't, I'd look at the Cosco Finale rather than the Next. It's lightweight and inexpensive as well as long lasting.

If you went with the finale, she could also likely use it for the 4 year old when the 2 year old isn’t along for the ride. And then use the vest for the 4 year old when the toddler is there.

2 finales would likely work for both Kids as well and would be significantly less than the vest.

lgenne

I don’t think I’d want her to switch back and forth a lot with the Finale. It’s harness requires rethreading.

Depending on how much you want to spend, I might also look at the Evenflo SecureKid DLX. The DLX part is important. It’s super easy to install, and fairly lightweight.

brooksfamily

We use a safe rider vest in uber's for our 35lb. almost 5 year old. It's also handy to use for her friends if I have to unexpectedly drive one of her friends.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC