Question Booster Seat Suggestions for A 1990 Ford Ranger Pickup?

U

Unregistered

I have a 4 year-old grandson, big for his age. I don’t see him a lot, but when I do I would like to be able to take him places so we aren’t stuck in my small apartment. I have an old 1990 Ford Ranger pickup, no air bags, standard shoulder harness seat belts. He would ride in the passenger seat, which is a bucket-style seat. I don’t have him often and usage would be rare, so I would like to buy a relatively inexpensive booster seat that I could use between now and the time he is old enough to ride with just the seat belt. He’s a big kid now, well over 50 pounds and nearly 4 feet tall. Any suggestions for this application would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

ADS

2BunniesMommy

What is your budget?

A 5 point is likely to be a better option for a 4 year old, while he is big enough for a booster, at 4, he likely lacks the maturity to be safe in one. Knowing what you can/want to spend will make a difference in what the options are.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC