Question Infant seat

zavyirsdaddy

Ok, so my wife doesn’t like the stroller that comes with the sonti (already purchased) so we are returning it.

I’m in the market for an infant seat for a baby around $120 or so (over is ok if not too much).

Current stats are 20 3/4in long and 8lbs 12oz. She’s 2 months old.

I’m not able to try her in seats as she is in foster care and will soon be coming to live with us.

We drive a 2014 Lincoln Navigator and already have 2 rf extend to fits, and a radian rxt. We also have 12 and 14 year old passengers.

The seat would go in the middle row middle seat next to an extend to fit.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Is there a reason you're set on a rear-facing only? Your options would increase some if you included convertibles.

In that price range some of the more deluxe Graco models, the Safety 1st OnBoard Air/Deluxe (with the nice base) or possibly the Chicco Keyfit if you hit a good Black Friday sale (I'm seeing $160 right now, historically it can get a little lower) would be my picks in that price range if they fit. You might want to try seats in your car before the weekend if you can, to see what works and what you like and then you can watch for deals.

zavyirsdaddy

We are set in a rear facing only because my wife is often alone when going out and will have a 3 month old, 1 year old, and 2 year old to get loaded into the truck.

Our thinking is if the smallest is in a carrier she can tell the 2 year old to get into his seat then snap the infant carrier in and load up the 1 year old.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Ok, that makes sense.

Just remember it's important for the baby not to be in the seat outside the car as much as possible- especially if medically fragile. :)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Be aware that this seat can take up quite a bit of space front to back. 1.5" is required between the most forward point and the seat in front. The handle must be in a specific position for car travel.

zavyirsdaddy

I wasn’t too worried about the space, I’m 5’. I also read that if it’s in the middle seat that you don’t have to have 1.5”, that’s for outboard only.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Right, the seat directly in front. Not all seating positions have anything in front. It is just something to be aware of.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC