Question Car seats and coats

ADS

NessieNess

The best way to test it is to put your child in the seat, tighten the harness, take your child out without loosening in the harness, and then put them in again wearing the coat/suit. If you can still buckle them in without loosening the harness. you're good.

In my experience, these fleece suits tend to have extra fabric that bunches up unless they fit very snugly, which can interfere with tightening the harness.

zavyirsdaddy

I have to find something without trying it on the baby. She’s currently in foster care and I’m just trying to be prepared for when she comes to us.

MelodyoftheForest

I doubt that would work, unfortunately. I know I’ve seen some threads from our Canadian friends about suits like this, but most places they aren’t necessary. Get the car warming ahead of time if you are using a convertible and bundle her in a blanket, get her in the seat, then tuck the blanket around her. If using a RF only seat, buckle her inside then tuck the blanket around her to get her out to the car.

zavyirsdaddy

Children and youth are rather picky especially since she’s a preemie. We have to be “ready.” None of my children or other grandchildren (she’s my granddaughter) use anything other than a fleece coat and a blanket.

Dillipop

Approximately how big is she?

Carters makes a fleece suit in small sizes that I’ve had good luck using. Columbia makes a nice thin fleece suit as well but I think they run on the bigger side and I had a harder time getting good belt fit when the suit was a bit big.

NessieNess

Is the concerns with keeping her warm while she's in the car or while you're taking her to the car? I wonder if you could use one of those fleece covers that go over the rear-facing only seats (but don't have a part that goes behind the baby) and then take it off when you're driving (because no after-market products).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC