Britax Multi Tech 2 or Maxi Cosi Mobi in Golf V??

Pucca

Hello
So I have a problem..I've bought a Britax Multi Tech 2 for my child who is 11 months,80cm tall and 10kg.The thing is she is very uncomfortable in it,it has only one position rear facing,she is standing on her back a little so she is very upset when I put her in it because she can't lean forward.She's not standing upright.I'm very confused if I should return this seat or not,I wanted a rf/ff seat because of my husband who says that the girl will want to see in front when she gets older and that we should buy a seat that can offer us the possibility to turn her ff.The thing is,I've seen other chairs up to 25 kg but most of them are only rf.I want to ask for an opinion of those who have the multi tech installed if it's worth to keep it or should I change it with a maxi cosi mobi for example which has the possibility to change the position in sleep position while driving.I really need some advice,my husband is that type of man who doesnt care so I have to take care of this matter.
Thank you

ADS

NessieNess

How long has your daughter been in the Multi Tech and what was she in before?

Am I understanding you correctly that you think the seat is too reclined/leaning back too much and that is making your daughter uncomfortable?

In my experience, as babies and toddlers move through different stages of physical development, they don't like being in certain positions (I had to change my daughters' diapers while they were standing up for a while) but will get used to them over time. If it's only been a short while since you started using the seat, it may be easier to help your daughter adjust by acknowledging her discomfort and providing other comfort measures like music, stuffed animals or a pacifier/dummy (if she takes one), rather than buying a whole new seat.

Another thing to think about is whether the Mobi would fit your car -obviously there's no point in getting it if it doesn't.

I'm confused about your husband's concern with not being able to use the Multi Tech forward-facing. The manual states it can be used forward-facing?

I kept both of my daughters rear-facing until around the age of 4, and neither ever complained about what they could or could not see. When I did turn them around to forward-facing, they did not recognize familiar routes for a while because they looked different from the new perspective, but they never expressed a preference either way.

Adventuredad

I'm a bit confused since you seem to describe your daughter being in a position with too much recline. Never heard of that with Multi Tech in a Golf. Multi Tech has two positions which are changed with the wedge under the seat. The standard position will for sure not be too reclined. The second position, used mostly for rear facing, has more recline but it should bot be too much. If your seat is too reclined then simply use the standard position.

Multi Tech will fit in a Golf but it's usually not the first choice since Multi Tech isn't a compact seat and Golf is a midsize car. Maxi Cosi Mobi is a great seat with adjustable recline while driving which is very unusual in seats with belt installation. Sleep position is great but it sounds like your issue is with too much recline. Either way, Mobi is a poor choice in your car since it needs lots of space, far more than Multi Tech. It will fit in your car but space up front will be poor.

Our usual recommendations for a Golf are Britax HiWay, Britax MaxWay or Axkid Minikid. These seats are far more compact, have passed the ultra strict Swedish Plus Test, have the 25 kg weight limit and fit well in pretty much any car small to large. HiWay will last to about age four or 110 cm, MaxWay to age five or 115-120 cm and Minikid to age six or 125 cm. Multi Tech will as a comparison last to 120-125 cm.

These seats have flexible installation angle but it can’t be changed while driving. We install the seats at an angle so child sleeps well without head falling forward. This also works well as an everyday position. Angle can then be adjusted about once a year as the child grows.

I'm sure your child is curious, creative and will want to do lots of "crazy" things. If your child likes to sit forward facing at an early is not relevant. Kids love to throw themselves off the balcony, eat ice cream all day long, flush toys down the toilet, drink dishwasher fluid and put their hands on the hot stove. But we don't let them do this, or at least we try:) Creative kids are great and it's our job as parents to set limits and guide them in the right direction.

Rear facing to age four is strongly recommended since it's so much safer. After that it's time for a high back booster. Multi Tech can be used with harness forward facing to 18 kg but it's not something we recommend. It can also be used forward facing in later years as a high back booster although there are better options. Reason is that Multi Tech is quite heavy to be used forward facing which affects safety negatively and can also have practical implications.

Pucca

Hi
My daughter has been in the seat only 4 times,4 roads about 30 minuts.Sorry if my english is poor,I hope you understand me.She cried all the time,not even in her baby seat cried that much.I allways stay with her in the back because if I drive my husband wont let her in the seat,he holds her si that she doesnt cry.We allways argue about the safety measures but he seems he doesnt care,he dont like his daughter to cry.
I personally chose the seat because he is not involved,he just doesnt care.His only condition was that the seat would turn front facing because he thinks that the girl will want to see in front when she gets older.I think that if she is used rear facing she will not know and ask to put otherwise.
I havent gave the multi tech back because I wanted your opinion too,especially of those who have the same car.
You think that I should change it?

Pucca

Hi
Somebody from a group of rear feacing car seats told me about Axkid Kidzone,but unfortunatelly is too expensive for us.Are these seats more small that the multi tech?I'm thinking that in order to change the positions to Maxi cosi Mobi you need space right?And the space in golf is kinda small.

Adventuredad

It doesn't sound like changing seat would take care of the issue. You have still not explained what the actual issue is? Kidzone is not a good option. It's using the same seat shell as Minikid but can also be used forward facing. It's using more space than Minikid in rear facing position and Kidzone should not be used forward facing since it's way too heavy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC