Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Toddler car seat

What is the best toddler car seat to fit in an Elantra 2013 that has two tall people in the front seats?
    Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Toddler car seat

Hi there.

How old, tall, and heavy is your child, and what is your budget for a new seat?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 61", 99#, seatbelt
    laine 9/16/09, 46", 54#, Diono Monterey, Chicco KidFit Zip Air
    in a 2015 BMW M235i, and my 2011 Mercedes E350 wagon

Unregistered

He is 30.5 inches and 23 pounds at 9 months and price doesn’t matter

Carseat Crazy

I have a Corolla and a Graco 4Ever, and it is pretty compact when installed as upright as possible. With a bigger baby like yours, a Graco Extend2Fit might be better. I hear it can be quite compact, and there is a great deal on Amazon right now.

Here is the whole list of deals in case someone has a more educated suggestion that is also on sale: https://carseatblog.com/35482/2017-d...ers-strollers/
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, RF in a 4Ever and a Scenera Next
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

For a compact seat for a tall child I'd look at the Graco Extend2Fit, Safety 1st Grow and Go EX Air (these both have 50 pound/49" limits rear facing), Britax Boulevard ClickTight, Britax Advocate ClickTight (these both have 40 pound/49" limits rear facing).

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 61", 99#, seatbelt
    laine 9/16/09, 46", 54#, Diono Monterey, Chicco KidFit Zip Air
    in a 2015 BMW M235i, and my 2011 Mercedes E350 wagon