Chicco Nextfit vs Britax Blvd

Carter's Mommy

I started obsessing over car seats about 12 years ago, but now that I'm on baby #4 I'm feeling a little out of the loop. Can someone who's seen/used both the Nextfit and newer Britax seats help me make a decision? And are there any others I should be considering? Looking at nextfit zip and Bldv clicktight at the moment. Baby #4 is tall and long torso'd so I need to hurry up and get her out of her keyfit (was hoping it'd fit through winter, but no such luck).

The seat will be in 2nd row captains chair of 2006 Honda Odyssey, so space isn't much of a concern. I'd like a seat with harness straps that don't twist and are smooth and easy to tighten on kiddo. I don't like the was DD's radian tightens. We also live somewhere with cold winters and hot summers, so fabric that both cozy and breathable would be nice.

Also, can nextfit rear tether? I read that Britax no longer allows this, so I like the ARB on Britax if it's not in the way. I also love zip feature for laundering after accidents later on. How do these seats compare in washability/dry time.

TIA.

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

When I was shopping, I chose the NextFit Zip over the ClickTights. The NF was just so much easier to use and fit my LO so much better that I stopped caring about the rebound management features as much. The NF is very stable anyway. I would look at the Zip Air version if your baby tends to get sweaty in the seat. It hadn't come out yet when I bought my Zip. The Zip is really great for washing, and it washes well. You might also want to look at the Graco Milestone or Extend2Fit. The latter has 3-in-one and 4Ever models too. They are tall and go to 40 or 50 pounds RF, and many people here really love them!

Dillipop

I had a regular next fit and didn't worry about rebound control. The way it is designed, it was impossible to flip, so I imagine in a crash, the design itself will help with rebound.

While I liked the seat ok, I did end up selling it when my son was around a year old. It just wasn't my favorite.

I have a boulevard clicktight that is sitting in storage right now. I also like it fine but am using the Extend2fit we have, which I love! I will likely switch out for the boulevard for a long trip we are taking this winter since I think the cover is easier to remove in case we need to clean it while away.

I also have a foonf in my mom's car and she loves how easy it is for her to use.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC