Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Good Deal on a Pioneer?

I'm shopping ahead for a combination seat that won't get used until at least next summer, most likely. The only one I like that fits in my car is the Pioneer. Well, I am sure the Frontier and Pinnacle would fit the same, but they are way overkill for my petite LO!

LO got very excited about having a pink seat in the other brands, but current year Pioneers don't have a pink fashion, and Confetti is more purple than is desired. If I keep an eye out for a good sale in the next couple months, I would want to try to find a pink cover, which adds expense. Then I found this: https://www.albeebaby.com/britax-pio...eat-coral.html. I know this is last year's fashion, but I don't mind. Even 7 years of use will get LO to age 10.

Am I likely to find a better deal than $170 with a pink cover? How long is this likely to be available? Thanks!

Edit: What could I expect for a great Cyber Monday deal on a Pioneer with a current fashion?
    Last edited by MelodyoftheForest; 10-31-2017 at 08:38 PM.
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer, Boulevard G4, and SureRide
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: Good Deal on a Pioneer?

I think you could probably get a slightly better price ($10 or so less) on a Pioneer at peak deal. I'm not sure about in the fashion you want.

So if you like this fashion and price I'd say go for it.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

4. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy

Thanks! Just when I thought this was the seat, V tells me she will want a different color when she is older and actually using the seat! I am hoping some info about the secret Chicco seat will come out before the big sales so I can make sure the Pioneer is what I really want. We have loved our Chicco seats, and I was sad when our NextFit was crashed out and I had to get the 4Ever.

Can you give me an idea of the lowest prices I might be able to expect on the Frontier and Pinnacle too? They might get into my budget with a really good sale, I think.
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer, Boulevard G4, and SureRide
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag

I paid $190 for a Frontier when I bought one. That's about the lowest I've seen. I've seen $205 for the Pinnacle (though I got mine as an open box return at target for $135.)
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

There's a bit known about the Chicco seat; if you're not planning to use it for a while you may want to wait as it sounds like it will have some nice features.

8. Thank You from: