Question Swivel Car seats Canada

U

Unregistered

Hi

I am having back issues when putting my daughter into her carseat. She is 20 months and in a rear facing seat. I have seen a couple cool car seats that swivel so you don't have to reach into the car as much. Do you know if there are any car seats like this certified in Canada. I don't think there is but want to check as it would help me a lot since I have had to call someone a couple times now to help me get back out from bending into the car whole buckling my daughter in. I am 20 weeks pregnant and its only going to get worse.

Thanks

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Unfortunately, there are not, unless you can find a seller that still has Orbit Toddler seats. They were discontinued a while back. (Even if you can, they were very expensive and the expensive base was sold separately.)

Can she climb in, and you sit next to her to buckle?

MelodyoftheForest

I second the suggestion to try to sit next to the seat and have her climb in. This is a big reason my LO was in the center of the back seat for her toddler days. Now that she can climb in by herself from the ground to the seat on the side where the seat is, it is much easier. However, when the baby comes, the seats would have to be outboard and center, which can be tricky, depending on what vehicle and seats you have. If you can manage it, you could set the toddler in the vehicle on the open side, close that door, go around and click the infant seat into the base (assuming you use an infant seat), and go back to buckle the toddler. If you can't fit the seats side-by-side, your toddler may be able to climb in under her seat in the footwell, then climb onto the vehicle seat, then into her seat. I found stickers helped when helping a toddler learn this kind of maneuver!

U

Unregistered

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately she can't really climb in on her own. Plus it's often a battle getting her in as she fights it. For my back getting in and out of the car is also very painful so having to do that extra is unfortunately just as bad as leaning in and putting her in the seat. A higher vehicle would help a bit but that's way more expensive than a fancy car seat that swivels. Too bad they don't have them here.

lgenne

Would a lower profile car seat help at all? What car seat are you currently using? And what vehicle?

My sister had similar difficulties, and putting a Diono Radian in her car helped a lot.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC