Question New model xc90 - booster seats - problem with non-adjustable headrests (merged thread)

Ireland

I have a real problem with finding car seats for my XC 90 I have tried a number of car seats - with isofix/latch and none of them sit flush to the back of the car seat. There is a huge gap between the back of the child seat and the car seat. Has anyone found a flush fit???

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

Re: New model xc90 and booster seat

We need to know a bit more. What kind of child seat do you need? What is the age and size of your child? Where do you live? We do have some people here who are knowledgeable about international seats, but it may take them a little longer to respond. Keep checking back!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Re: New model xc90 and booster seat

Depending on your location and the age/weight of your child, a backless booster is sometimes the best option for older kids in vehicles that have non-removable head restraints that project forward of the vehicle seat back. In some of these vehicles, I've also had success with models like the Britax Frontier combination harness/booster. The internal head restraint section is somewhat forward in the carseat and slightly flexible and often puzzles nicely with fixed head restraints in some vehicles.

Ireland

I have a real problem with finding car seats (group 2/3 aka booster seat with a back) for my new model XC 90.

I have tried a number of car seats - with isofix (aka latch) and none of them sit flush to the back of the car seat. There is a huge gap between the back of the child seat and the car seat. Has anyone found a flush fit??? The problem is the non-adjustable headrest in the XC90

They are for kids aged 10 and 5.

Many thanks

_juune

I have a different Volvo [older S60], so it might not be the same, but HTS BeSafe iziUp X3 Fix fits nicely with hardly any gap; MaxiCosi RodiFix was not too bad, too. I'd also suggest checking out Britax KidFix SL, because that appears to be the seat Volvo currently re-brands as their own, so it kinda should fit. If all else fails, Volvo also has their's own booster seat [scroll down here, the "Child seat, booster cushion/backrest"].

U

Unregistered

I have a real problem with finding car seats (group 2/3 aka booster seat with a back) for my new model XC 90.

I have tried a number of car seats - with isofix (aka latch) and none of them sit flush to the back of the car seat. There is a huge gap between the back of the child seat and the car seat. Has anyone found a flush fit??? The problem is the non-adjustable headrest in the XC90

They are for kids aged 10 and 5.

Many thanks

I'm having the same issue with my older model XC 90. I wanted to ask if you had found a booster with a back that did fit well?
Thanks

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC