Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

New model xc90 - booster seats - problem with non-adjustable headrests (merged thread)

I have a real problem with finding car seats for my XC 90 I have tried a number of car seats - with isofix/latch and none of them sit flush to the back of the car seat. There is a huge gap between the back of the child seat and the car seat. Has anyone found a flush fit???

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: New model xc90 and booster seat

We need to know a bit more. What kind of child seat do you need? What is the age and size of your child? Where do you live? We do have some people here who are knowledgeable about international seats, but it may take them a little longer to respond. Keep checking back!
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer and Boulevard G4
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag

Re: New model xc90 and booster seat

Depending on your location and the age/weight of your child, a backless booster is sometimes the best option for older kids in vehicles that have non-removable head restraints that project forward of the vehicle seat back. In some of these vehicles, I've also had success with models like the Britax Frontier combination harness/booster. The internal head restraint section is somewhat forward in the carseat and slightly flexible and often puzzles nicely with fixed head restraints in some vehicles.

New model xc90 - booster seats - problem with non-adjustable headrests (merged thread)

I have a real problem with finding car seats (group 2/3 aka booster seat with a back) for my new model XC 90.

I have tried a number of car seats - with isofix (aka latch) and none of them sit flush to the back of the car seat. There is a huge gap between the back of the child seat and the car seat. Has anyone found a flush fit??? The problem is the non-adjustable headrest in the XC90

They are for kids aged 10 and 5.

Many thanks

Re: New model xc90 - booster seats - problem with non-adjustable headrests (merged thread)

I have a different Volvo [older S60], so it might not be the same, but HTS BeSafe iziUp X3 Fix fits nicely with hardly any gap; MaxiCosi RodiFix was not too bad, too. I'd also suggest checking out Britax KidFix SL, because that appears to be the seat Volvo currently re-brands as their own, so it kinda should fit. If all else fails, Volvo also has their's own booster seat [scroll down here, the "Child seat, booster cushion/backrest"].
    M, 8, FF in a dark blue HTS BeSafe iziUp X3 Fix [ERFed until 5 years old ]. J, 3, RF in a Chilly Pepper Britax MaxWay or a Black Thunder Britax TWE.

7. Thank You from:

Unregistered

Re: New model xc90 - booster seats - problem with non-adjustable headrests (merged thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Ireland View Post
    I have a real problem with finding car seats (group 2/3 aka booster seat with a back) for my new model XC 90.

I have tried a number of car seats - with isofix (aka latch) and none of them sit flush to the back of the car seat. There is a huge gap between the back of the child seat and the car seat. Has anyone found a flush fit??? The problem is the non-adjustable headrest in the XC90

They are for kids aged 10 and 5.

Many thanks
    I'm having the same issue with my older model XC 90. I wanted to ask if you had found a booster with a back that did fit well?
    Thanks