Infant seats in Volvo S40 and XC60

Hi, I'm having issues finding car seats that fit our vehicles.

I drive a 2011 Volvo S40. My husband has a 2014 Volvo XC60. Our issue is finding any seat that fits behind the driver. I drive one step forward of the furthest back position in my car, DH is furthest back position in his SUV.

Price range, by now, I honestly don't care. If it fits preterm/small infants and the vehicles, I'll buy them.

I've tried Graco SnugRide, Peg Perego seat, Safety 1st and the Chicco Fit2 and nothing was fitting behind my seat. I may be doing something very wrong, but I'm lost now.

Thanks for any help!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi there. Have you tried the Britax B Safe 35? It's very compact, and fits small babies quite well.

You may also be able to have one baby passenger side and one baby in the middle.

Wendy

Not yet, it's on my list. But, I was tired and frustrated so called it done. Plus, they all look the same size in the store.

One baby is easy enough surprise, this twin thing is still taking getting used to. And I'm at 30 weeks, so I really do need to find car seats.

Thanks!

aept

Not yet, it's on my list. But, I was tired and frustrated so called it done. Plus, they all look the same size in the store.

One baby is easy enough surprise, this twin thing is still taking getting used to. And I'm at 30 weeks, so I really do need to find car seats.

Thanks!
I agree it might be worthwhile to look for something narrow (side to side) to have both babies center and passenger side. If you install the carseat base using the passenger side seatbelt, instead of using the LATCH anchors, that usually gains some space in your installation.

Another option could be using one or two small convertible seats (its not a bucket, it still is a rearfacing seat but you would have to take baby in and out each time) such as a combi cocorro. You'll need to watch how well any convertible will fit tiny babies though, as a twin is more likely than a singleton to be small/preemie. Look for the weight rating, you would want something that fits from 4lbs or so. On that note, there is a list here of seats that fit small newborns well. Have you seen that yet? If not I'll try to find and link it for you.

Good luck with your little surprises!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC