Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Infant seats in Volvo S40 and XC60

Hi, I'm having issues finding car seats that fit our vehicles.

I drive a 2011 Volvo S40. My husband has a 2014 Volvo XC60. Our issue is finding any seat that fits behind the driver. I drive one step forward of the furthest back position in my car, DH is furthest back position in his SUV.

Price range, by now, I honestly don't care. If it fits preterm/small infants and the vehicles, I'll buy them.

I've tried Graco SnugRide, Peg Perego seat, Safety 1st and the Chicco Fit2 and nothing was fitting behind my seat. I may be doing something very wrong, but I'm lost now.

Thanks for any help!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Infant seats in Volvo S40 and XC60

Hi there. Have you tried the Britax B Safe 35? It's very compact, and fits small babies quite well.

You may also be able to have one baby passenger side and one baby in the middle.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 61", 99#, seatbelt
    laine 9/16/09, 46", 54#, Diono Monterey, Chicco KidFit Zip Air
    in a 2015 BMW M235i, and my 2011 Mercedes E350 wagon

Not yet, it's on my list. But, I was tired and frustrated so called it done. Plus, they all look the same size in the store.

One baby is easy enough surprise, this twin thing is still taking getting used to. And I'm at 30 weeks, so I really do need to find car seats.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by WhatDoYouMeanTwins View Post
    Not yet, it's on my list. But, I was tired and frustrated so called it done. Plus, they all look the same size in the store.

One baby is easy enough surprise, this twin thing is still taking getting used to. And I'm at 30 weeks, so I really do need to find car seats.

Thanks!
    I agree it might be worthwhile to look for something narrow (side to side) to have both babies center and passenger side. If you install the carseat base using the passenger side seatbelt, instead of using the LATCH anchors, that usually gains some space in your installation.

Another option could be using one or two small convertible seats (its not a bucket, it still is a rearfacing seat but you would have to take baby in and out each time) such as a combi cocorro. You'll need to watch how well any convertible will fit tiny babies though, as a twin is more likely than a singleton to be small/preemie. Look for the weight rating, you would want something that fits from 4lbs or so. On that note, there is a list here of seats that fit small newborns well. Have you seen that yet? If not I'll try to find and link it for you.

Good luck with your little surprises!
    Ann, mom to 3 big brothers and a baby girl:
    DS1 - Aug 2006, 80 lb, 56", incognitos
    DS2 - May 2008, 77 lb, 51.5", Vivo or NBB
    DS3 - June 2011, 46 lb, 43", FF in FR85 or booster training
    DD - May 2015, 19 lb, 29", ) Snugride 30