Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Highback Belt Positioning Boosters for 2018???

Been out of the car seat loop for a while, but need to get a highback belt positioning booster for carpooling. Plus, my multi-stage seats are expiring since I've had them so long. Looking at Diono (Cambria, Hip, Monterey), Graco (Highback TurboBooster w/Safety Surround and Affix w/Safety Surround) and, of course, Chicco Kid Fit. Want something with the "extra" side impact protection. Seems to be some out of stock items on manufacturer and store websites due to end of season/year. Anyone know anything about plans for 2018 models???

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Highback Belt Positioning Boosters for 2018???

Models come out throughout the year. It's not like a car where in September you can expect the next model year in stores across the board. None will be out before January, some may not come out until next November. Carseats don't have a season.

Those are all fine options. The Cambria's been discontinued and kind of merged with the Monterey LX. The Dionos require headrests from the car behind them to the top of the child's ears, so something to keep in mind for carpooling in different vehicles. They're also a bit wider than the others.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 61", 99#, seatbelt
    laine 9/16/09, 46", 54#, Diono Monterey, Chicco KidFit Zip Air
    in a 2015 BMW M235i, and my 2011 Mercedes E350 wagon

4. Thank You from: