Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

1994 Honda car seat installation

I have a 94 Honda Civic... This car does not even have retracting seatbelts and I have been using the graco snug ride click connect with the lock off base. I want a convertible car seat once I upgrade but I am having trouble finding information on installing car seats in pre 1996 cars. Does anyone have information on that, especially recommendations on covertible car seats with lock offs built in the seat or base?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: 1994 Honda car seat installation

Hi there. I think you mean it doesn't have locking belts. The belts retract back into the car.

You'd use a locking clip on a carseat without a lockoff.

Otherwise, how old, tall, and heavy is your child, and what is your budget for a new seat?

Have you gotten the top tethers for forward facing yet? Honda still seems to have a decent stock, but for a 23 year old car I'd get parts sooner rather than later as they may not stock them forever. The part number is 82410-SE3-C01 and they're $10 each. You install them yourself. I'd do that now, even if you don't plan on keeping the car for many years.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 61", 99#, seatbelt
    laine 9/16/09, 46", 54#, Diono Monterey, Chicco KidFit Zip Air
    in a 2015 BMW M235i, and my 2011 Mercedes E350 wagon

CPS Fanatic

Re: 1994 Honda car seat installation

Also, have you had your seat belts replaced? They have an expected life span of 20 years.