Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Which passenger van?

We'd like to upgrade from our minivan, since we're maxed out on seating. With a budget of $20k (preferably lower), which 12 (give or take) passenger vans would you recommend? Obviously I want headrests in all seating positions and need most to be usable for car seat installation.

For example, I saw some 11 passenger vans for sale on a rental agency's site. All the seats were captain's seats with incorporated belts, and I wondered if such a set up was compatible with a good car seat installation.

Thanks for your help!

Eta: I'm intending to buy used, so model years with your suggestions would also help. Thank you!
    Last edited by whiteyacht; 10-10-2017 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Mama to M (9, hb Amp), B (7, hb Turbo), A (5, ff MyRide), E (2, rf Next), and J (6m, rf OnBoard)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Which passenger van?

My brother and SIL have a 10 passenger Ford 150? 1500? I think it is a 2015. It has seats like you are describing the rental agency vans have. It has top tether anchors on every seat except the smaller folding seat in the 3rd row, and 2 full LATCH positions in the second row. A friend has a larger version of the same. I rode in it and it was comfortable for adults, and seemed like it would work well for car seats. The main limitations are which seats have space for rear-facers. There is room for 2-3 RF seats in the 10 passenger.
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, RF in a 4Ever and a Scenera Next
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag