Tall skinny child question

U

Unregistered

Hello,

My 3.5 year old is 98 cm tall (38.5 inches) and has just reached 13 kg (28.6 lbs). We have her in a Britax DualFix at the moment, but she has maximum 1 cm of room before the tops of her ears clear the head support. Looking at booster seats, all 5 point harness seats with ISOFIX capability say from 15 kg. I also haven't been able to find any car seats that clearly state they are for children taller than 100 cm. In this case, what's the best recommendation?

ADS

Mommy0313

Can you please let me know what you find out? My tall 3.5 year is outgrowing is Diono RXT. I am wondering if there are 5 point harness for taller kids.

Moneypenny424

Can you please let me know what you find out? My tall 3.5 year is outgrowing is Diono RXT. I am wondering if there are 5 point harness for taller kids.

The RXT goes to 57" according the manual (or until their ears are above the top). My very tall 5.5 year old still fits in hers. Have you raised the wings?

Adventuredad

Dualfix is a poor choice for a tall child since seat shell is short. Age 3.5 is tough since your child sit rear facing but purchasing another rear facing seat seems like a large expense. There are plenty of rear facing seats which last a couple of years longer but this might not be a good solution for you. 3.5 is a bit early forward facing both for size and maturity. At 98 cm your child will be borderline to fit decent in a high back booster seat.

Weight of the child is of little or no relevance. If a child weigh 13 or 18 kg is not of importance. The 15 kg weight limit its there to make sure people don't place kids too young in the seat. I mentioned in another thread that Britax Adventure is a great high back booster if you want to use this type of seat. It will usually fit ok for a child 100 cm of height although it depends in build of the child. Seat is light weight, cheap and comfortable. Great travel seat and so cheap you can leave it at your destination if you prefer not to bring it for the trip back home.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC