Question Best seat options for 2017 Fiesta ST

eva_luvs_dave

Hello there! I did a search before posting this but didn't come up with much. Any seat recommendations that fit well (maybe more narrow and short seat options) in a 2017 Ford Fiesta ST? My very avg 30 lb 3 year old (36.3" tall) currently uses a Britax Boulevard Clicktight in my 2015 F150 but it's pretty bulky for the ST (although still fits) and she has a hard time getting into and out of it. Just looking for other options besides a Radian and our Boulevard. She didn't do well in a Radian. I think she likes more of a shell around to feel more secure. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

Is your daughter forward-facing or rear-facing? Are there any other passengers in the back seat? How far back do the front seats need to be? These answers will help us tailor recommendations for you.

U

Unregistered

Is your daughter forward-facing or rear-facing? Are there any other passengers in the back seat? How far back do the front seats need to be? These answers will help us tailor recommendations for you.

She is FF. I sometimes have extra passengers and sometimes not. My son is in a Harmony booster in the back seat as well. Sometimes I have a front passenger and sometimes not.

MelodyoftheForest

Ok, so you need something that doesn't push your daughter so far forward of the back of the seat that she runs out of leg room. Got it. The Evenflo Maestro is a recommended seat that is pretty compact that way from what I have seen. If strap covers at the shoulders are important to you, some versions of the seat have them and some don't. If you get a version without strap covers, you can call Evenflo and buy a set. Hopefully someone else will come along with more ideas, too, but if you have a store where you can look at seats, you can see if anything else looks like it will keep her back closer to the back of the vehicle seat.

eva_luvs_dave

Ok, so you need something that doesn't push your daughter so far forward of the back of the seat that she runs out of leg room. Got it. The Evenflo Maestro is a recommended seat that is pretty compact that way from what I have seen. If strap covers at the shoulders are important to you, some versions of the seat have them and some don't. If you get a version without strap covers, you can call Evenflo and buy a set. Hopefully someone else will come along with more ideas, too, but if you have a store where you can look at seats, you can see if anything else looks like it will keep her back closer to the back of the vehicle seat.

Thanks! Hoping for some others to chime in as well. My daughter is expecting and had a somewhat bad experience with an evenflo customer service rep (was sitting next to her listening to their convo) and I was hoping not to give them any of my $$/support after how rudely she was treated. When I googled I read about that seat but after her experience I told myself no evenflo products 😂. Silly I know 😂

MelodyoftheForest

I am sorry she had a bad experience! I have had very good experiences when I have needed to call them. Almost all their products are made in the USA, and they make versions of some of their seats for programs that give them away to those who need them. I wouldn't let one conversation make my decision if it was the right seat for me. We all have bad days!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC