Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Land Rover with 3 carseats

I'm looking for an SUV/Wagon that fits 3 kids (5yr old in FF Clek Fllo, 3yr old RF in Convertible probably Diono Radian RXT, baby in Cybex Aton) reasonably comfortably in the 2nd row (I'm still not convinced on the benefits of a 3rd row SUV unless we'll have a grandparent in there often and don't mind the limited cargo space, but definitely no plans to put a carseat in the 3rd row for now). It would be ideal if our family can use this vehicle over the next 5+ years so perhaps the option of a 3rd row is not so bad. Price-wise we are flexible, but plan to buy used if its a luxury vehicle as the depreciation in the first few years is steep.

My question is: are any of the Land Rover options good for my purpose? Land Rover Discovery, Land Rover LR4, Land Rover Range Rover, Land Rover Range Rover Sport. If you have personal experience with 3 carseats in any of these please share!

I'm open to other mid-size or large SUVs that can comfortably fit my 3 narrow carseat options and I'm open to buying new carseats as well so if you experience with 3 kids in these cars please share.

Other cars I'm considering (sorry long list):

Volkswagen Atlas
    Acura MDX
    Honda Pilot
    Lexus RX350
    Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Porsche Cayenne
    Subaru Outback
    Volvo XC90
    Audi Q7
    Mercedes GLC/GLE/GLS
    Infiniti QX60
    Toyota Highlander

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: Land Rover with 3 carseats

In my experience Land Rovers are pretty awful for installing car seats. You have narrow seats which is a plus but Diono seats in particular can be a tough install.

Of what you listed I only have experience with 3 across in a Pilot (went well), an older body style (pre 07) Highlander (went well, Radians fit great), an Outback (very tough), and a Grand Cherokee (not as much room as you'd think.)
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 13, Bridget, 11, Maggie, 9, Katie Sue, 4
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!