Land Rover with 3 carseats

sgand

I'm looking for an SUV/Wagon that fits 3 kids (5yr old in FF Clek Fllo, 3yr old RF in Convertible probably Diono Radian RXT, baby in Cybex Aton) reasonably comfortably in the 2nd row (I'm still not convinced on the benefits of a 3rd row SUV unless we'll have a grandparent in there often and don't mind the limited cargo space, but definitely no plans to put a carseat in the 3rd row for now). It would be ideal if our family can use this vehicle over the next 5+ years so perhaps the option of a 3rd row is not so bad. Price-wise we are flexible, but plan to buy used if its a luxury vehicle as the depreciation in the first few years is steep.

My question is: are any of the Land Rover options good for my purpose? Land Rover Discovery, Land Rover LR4, Land Rover Range Rover, Land Rover Range Rover Sport. If you have personal experience with 3 carseats in any of these please share!

I'm open to other mid-size or large SUVs that can comfortably fit my 3 narrow carseat options and I'm open to buying new carseats as well so if you experience with 3 kids in these cars please share.

Other cars I'm considering (sorry long list):

Volkswagen Atlas
Acura MDX
Honda Pilot
Lexus RX350
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Porsche Cayenne
Subaru Outback
Volvo XC90
Audi Q7
Mercedes GLC/GLE/GLS
Infiniti QX60
Toyota Highlander

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
In my experience Land Rovers are pretty awful for installing car seats. You have narrow seats which is a plus but Diono seats in particular can be a tough install.

Of what you listed I only have experience with 3 across in a Pilot (went well), an older body style (pre 07) Highlander (went well, Radians fit great), an Outback (very tough), and a Grand Cherokee (not as much room as you'd think.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC