Sureride RF between HBB

JahdyG

Hi!
it's been a while since I bought the last car seat And now I need to replace our MA70 (expires 08/18) for DS2 who is 18 months old.

DS1 is 7.9yrs old using a HBB
DD is 5.9yrs old and this week started to uses her Harmony defender as HBB.

I want to bUy a radian or a graco slimfit but we're in Brazil and I realiced that the shipping and the taxes are going to cost much much more than the car seat, so I need to try to spend less in the new car seat that's why I'm looking the Evenflo Sureride.

But I don't know if the Sureride will fit, I suppose that it's less bulky than our MA70 isn't it?

Any one is using the Sureride RF between two HBB??

And I'm worry about the deep sides too, would bee difficult to load a toddler RF in the middle of the back seat with that big sides of the Sureride??

Thank you!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
What vehicle do you have?

While the SureRide does taper it is not a slim seat. The sides are deep but my kid never had a problem climbing in herself at that age.

If a Marathon fits it is kind of a tossup if a SureRide will or not. How much space you have between could help us advise you.

JahdyG

I`ve been reading today about the sureride and Im feeling insecure.

Do you know what others options do I have??

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Ok, you do seem to have a good amount of room there.

The SureRide is the same width at widest point but a bit differently shaped. I'd probably look at something that is more narrow at the base for better buckling access.

A lot of these options like the Graco SlimFit or the Chicco Nextfit are going to cost a lot more, unfortunately.

One option is the Cosco Scenera NEXT. It is cheaper but won't last as long. If you let us know the 18 month old's seated height to head, height and weight, we can let you know if that's an option for a few years, though it would have to be replaced down the road (it looks like you have no shoulder belt there and I'm guessing no tether anchor, so you'll likely want to rear face as long as possible?)

JahdyG

So do you think that something like ext2fit, slimfit, myride and others good to ERF won't fit??

My son seated to head is 19
Seated to shoulders 13
Height tall 32
Weight 34

my older son was almost like him at this age and at 3,5years was 40inch tall and weight 35lbs (if that works for something) at 3,3years I turned him FF in the MA70 but I remember that he had at least 1,5 inch to the 1inch limit RF.

I want to ERF the baby as long as I can for not to have to use the FF mode because our car doesn't has tether, that's why my daughter is using the defender as HBB and not harnessed.

lgenne

I would look at the Graco Contender. It's lightweight (just a few pounds heavier than the Sureride) and narrower overall and can rear face longer than the Sureride for most kids. The others mentioned might work but will cost a lot more for shipping.

lgenne

No, the Slimfit is the Milestone with fold-in cup holders, and is about 5 lbs heavier than the Contender. (But about 4 lbs lighter than the Milestone, surprisingly.)

The Slimfit is probably worth a look, though. It would almost certainly fit.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Ok, fair enough. They are very similar, though, and if she's willing to spend on the freight to get a longer lasting seat definitely worth looking at. :)

JahdyG

Sorry now I'm confuse lol

Do you recomend the contender or the slimfit??

The slimfit was my first option but it's too expensive to ship here.

That's why I saw the sureride, but between Sureride and contender??

And based of my baby height and weight do you think the cosco next won't last??

The price of the shipping is based more on the volumen of the box, because the Sureride has just one height I think the box it's bigger??
But the contender maybe is wider?

LOL I don't know

lgenne

If the Slimfit is too expensive to ship, I'd look at the cost to ship the Contender. If that's too expensive, then the Sureride.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I would agree with all that.

The NEXT is outgrown by height by most kids at between 2 and 4 years. Your child would have about 3 inches of head room before outgrowing right now so on track to outgrow around 3 and a half or a little later most likely. If that's long enough to make it worth it to you, knowing that other seats may come out that might serve your needs even better by then, or if you're planning a trip to the States before then where you could bring back a seat with you, then go for it. If you won't want to pay shipping twice, then don't.

JahdyG

Thank you so much Ladies!

I'm going to buy the contender.

One last question, I saw it on amazon $114 (I don't like that color but it's the cheaper) do you think I can find a best price on Black Friday? Or that's the best I can get? I don't know so much about the deals on the USA

Yesterday the grey contender was $121 buy I found out late =(

lgenne

The Contender is available for $99 (only in one color, generally) maybe 4-5 times per year, often for just a day. I'm not sure how $20-30 compares to what you'll be paying for shipping, or how much you care.

I think I've seen $99 on Black Friday, and I don't think I've seen it lower (maybe a few dollars lower once?) If you see $99 and you like the color, I wouldn't hold off.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I would say 105 or under in a color you like would be my buy it right now price.

110 if it's your favorite color; in the grand scheme of things $10 for your favorite color and sooner will probably be worth it and might or might not be beat.

Do make sure you factor difference in shipping prices in from different sellers of course!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC